Dunedin tenant Christine's quick and calm response was of great help to one of our contractors.
The contractor had just arrived to replace a broken door knob and accidentally cut himself badly while trying to open the packaging.
Christine who has done First Aid training instantly knew what she needed to do, to stem the bleeding which was coming from an artery in the contractor’s wrist.
Christine says her previous experience as a health worker also helped.
"After applying pressure, I got the contractor to sit on a chair and I just kept talking to him until the ambulance arrived", Christine says.
"In these situations you just do what needs to be done and I was just so glad I was able to help", Christine says.
The contractor has since made a full recovery and visited Christine sooner after to pass on his thanks.
While these incidents certainly don’t happen every day, thank you Christine from Housing New Zealand and our contractor for your calm response