Here are a list of useful things to remember when you're moving out.
Before you move out
- clean the sink, kitchen bench and oven
- clean cupboards inside and out
- clean the bathtub, shower, basin and toilet
- clean light shades and light switches
- wash the walls and ceiling, particularly in the kitchen
- wash windows inside and out
- replace any cracked or broken windows
- wash the floor
- remove all household and garden rubbish as well as personal belongings, including from under the house or in sheds, garages or attic
- tidy and weed the garden, trim hedges
- mow the lawns and sweep paths
- redirect your mail.
Don't forget to:
- arrange for your electricity, gas and phone to be disconnected
- arrange for your final power and phone accounts to go to your new address
- tell your friends and family your new address and phone number
- fill out a change of address form from your local Post Shop
- lock the house or flat when you leave and return your keys to us
- pay your rent up to the date that you leave - call us if you're not sure what you owe
- arrange to have your bond refunded if you paid one.
When you moved into your house, you may have paid some money as a bond depending on when you started your tenancy. If you paid a bond it will be refunded to you if you leave the property clean, tidy and in good condition and your payments are up to date.