Housing New Zealand is a statutory corporation set up under the Housing Corporation Act 1974, as amended by the Housing Corporation Amendment Act 2001. It is a Crown agency under the Crown Entities Act 2004.
- Hon Dr Megan Woods – Minister of Housing
- Hon Grant Robertson – Minister of Finance
Housing and Urban Development Ministers
- Hon Phil Twyford – Minister for Urban Development
- Hon Nanaia Mahuta – Associate Minister of Housing
- Hon Kris Faafoi – Associate Minister of Housing (Public Housing)
The Minister tables our Statement of Intent and Statement of Performance Expectations in Parliament. These documents outline objectives and planned work for the year, and are also used to measure our operational and financial performance.
The Board has wide-ranging responsibilities, including setting the organisation’s strategic direction and annual performance expectations (in conjunction with the Minister), managing risk and ensuring compliance, and maintaining appropriate relationships with key stakeholders.
Meet our Board
- Sir Brian Roche – Chair
- Dr Nicola Crauford
- Mr Pat Snedden
- Vui Mark Gosche
- John Duncan
- Philippa Howden-Chapman
Our Executive Team
Kāinga Ora’s Executive Team works collectively to successfully deliver on Kāinga Ora’s objectives and goals.
Meet the Executive Leadership Team
- Andrew McKenzie, Chief Executive
- DCE, People and Homes: Paul Commons
- DCE, Corporate: Rowan Macrae
- DCE, Finance: Matthew Needham
- Acting DCE, Partnerships and Community Engagement: Caroline Butterworth
- Acting DCE, Urban Development - Planning: Katja Lietz
- Acting DCE, Urban Development - Delivery: Chris Aiken
- Acting DCE, Governance: Greg Groufsky
- Acting DCE, Construction and Innovation: Patrick Dougherty
- Acting DCE, Strategy and Investment roles: Gareth Stiven
- Acting Special Advisor to the CE position: Andrew Booker