From state housing application to tenancy
Below is a range of information that covers the “lifespan” of a state housing tenancy – from initial application through tenancy to the point when tenants move out.
Applying for a state rental home
- The application process
- Social Allocation System (SAS) criteria (PDF document, 198 kB)
- If you circumstances have changed or you want to apply for income related rent please call us on 0800 801 601 and we will send you a form to complete.
How long is the wait for a state rental?
Income Related Rent
Use these links if you require income related rent forms for:
- Additional persons details form
- Additional person income form
- Income statement for wages salaries and accident compensation form
- Income statement self employed form
We provide a range of fact sheets, letters, forms and newsletters for tenants that you may find useful. Please see the table below.
- How are we doing? Customer Feedback (PDF document, 106.2 kB)
- Email suggestions or feedback
- Making a complaint about someone living in a Housing New Zealand property
PDF copies of all our current resources are provided for you to download below.
Information for Applicants
Information for tenants
General (other) information