Current research and evaluation
A new website on all aspects of housing research products in New Zealand has been set up with support from DigitalNZ.
Some features of the website are:
- Single search access to over 1000 housing-related research items from New Zealand organisations at time of launch. This is expected to increase significantly over the next 1-2 years as more organisations become involved.
- Links to full documents in context on the host organisation’s website
- Diverse sources of information, including New Zealand universities; independent research companies; and Government departments
- Bi-lingual website (English/Māori)
Visit the Housing Research for New Zealand website.
Research and evaluation reports
The following reports show the range of research and evaluation recently completed or underway at Housing New Zealand:
- Best practice in medium density housing (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Local measures of the ability of working households to become home owners in New Zealand(3.8MB)
- The Housing, Crowding and Health Study (1.5MB) - in conjunction with the Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Report Summary - The Healthy Housing programme evaluation (PDF, 9.1KB), 2005