The Ministers of Housing and Finance convey the Government's expectations to Housing New Zealand and monitor its performance.
The Minister of Housing has the primary relationship with the Board, while the Minister of Finance is responsible for approving borrowing. They are jointly responsible for our financial performance, and appoint members to the Board.
Each year the Minister of Housing tables our Statement of Intent in Parliament. This outlines objectives and planned work for the year, and is also used to measure our performance.
The Minister of Housing receives performance monitoring reports every quarter. We table an Annual Report to Parliament on our performance.
The Board is our link with the Government. The Board's responsibilities include setting strategic direction, appointing the Chief Executive, monitoring performance and ensuring compliance with the law.
The Board is made up of six non-executive members, who are appointed for up to three years with the possibility of further reappointment.
The Board members are:
- Dr Allan Freeth (Chair)
- Adrienne Young-Cooper (Deputy Chair)
- Jeff Meltzer
- Susan Paterson
- Whaimutu Dewes
- Ian Kearney
Our Chief Executive, Glen Sowry, is supported by the executive team:
- Leonie Freeman - Acting General Manager Asset Development
- Marcus Bosch - General Manager Property Services
- Greg Groufsky - General Manager Governance
- Bryony Hilless - General Manager Communications, Marketing & Stakeholder Engagement
- Rowan Macrae - General Manager Business Support
- Kay Read - General Manager Tenancy Services
- Rowan Southee - Acting Chief Financial Officer
- Paul Commons - General Manager Canterbury Redevelopment