Housing New Zealand is a statutory corporation set up under the Housing Corporation Act 1974, as amended by the Housing Corporation Amendment Act 2001. It is a Crown agency under the Crown Entities Act 2004.
Hon Amy Adams is the Minister Responsible for HNZC and the Minister of Social Housing.
The Minister has overall responsibility for the Government’s social housing functions and its relationship with the social housing sector.
As the Minister, she conveys the Government's expectations to Housing New Zealand and monitors our performance.
The Minister tables our Statement of Intent and Statement of Performance Expectations in Parliament. These documents outline objectives and planned work for the year, and are also used to measure our operational and financial performance.
The Board is Housing New Zealand’s link with the Government. The Board's responsibilities include setting strategic direction, appointing the Chief Executive, monitoring performance and ensuring compliance with the law.
The Board is made up of eight non-executive members, who are appointed for up to three years with the possibility of further reappointment.
The Board members are:
- Adrienne Young-Cooper (Chair)
- John Duncan (Deputy Chair)
- Michael Schur
- Tau Henare
- Jeff Meltzer
- Peter Dow
- Alick Shaw
- Sandra Alofivae
Our Chief Executive, Andrew McKenzie, is supported by the executive team:
- Greg Groufsky – Deputy Chief Executive
- Paul Commons – Chief Operating Officer
- Rose Anne MacLeod – Chief Financial Officer
- Patrick Dougherty – General Manager Asset Development
- Caroline Butterworth – General Manager Communications and Stakeholders
- Rowan Macrae – General Manager People Technology and Change
- Andrew Booker – General Manager Auckland Housing Response
- Gareth Stiven – General Manager Strategy